Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Day 17 of 30

17 days ago I started my journey on the Whole 30 eating program, www.whole30.com.  It was also the same day I stared my new job with Discovery Communications, Inc. Well I should really say my new career, it was the first time in TWENTY YEARS that I didn't start the fall off on a college campus teaching/learning/loving mathematics.  So now I'm 17 days into the Whole30 program as well as 17 days into a new career.  Both are going well, even with travelling every week since my new job started (and travel will continue through November if not further).

So how else are the two related?  Well as a result of accepting the the new job, I started researching curvy fashions, needing to update my wardrobe from jeans and t-shirts for work to more appropriate corporate attire.  Low and behold, I ended up on blogs about fashionsense for women with curves and one particular blogger, Alison posted not only about curvy fashion and capsule wardrobes but about her goal to improve her health.  In her post: http://www.wardrobeoxygen.com/2014/08/change-better-whole30.html, she talked about her success with the Whole30 program. So after continued searching and researching, I decided to do the same.

What keeps me focussed on doing the Whole30 program is simply one point made on their site:
"It is not hard. Don’t you dare tell us this is hard. Beating cancer is hard. Birthing a baby is hard. Losing a parent is hard. Drinking your coffee black. Is. Not. Hard. You’ve done harder things than this, and you have no excuse not to complete the program as written. It’s only thirty days, and it’s for the most important health cause on earth – the only physical body you will ever have in this lifetime." - See more at:http://whole30.com/whole30-program-rules/#sthash.qwDdBiao.dpuf
Now to get some sleep for work tomorrow,

Lynnell

"We are what we repeatedly so.  Excellence, then, is a not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle

"Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishments." - Jim Rohn

No comments:

Post a Comment