Monday, September 9, 2013

New Beginning

I was in my kitchen a couple days ago trying to tidy up and a thought hit me, it was simply, "I am starting a new."  The weird thing is I had this feeling without consciously deciding to embark on a "New Beginning."  I hadn't decided to try a new exercise regime or diet change.  I hadn't decided I would start the week with a new anything.  Yet and still, as I swept the kitchen floor I felt I was embarking on a "New Beginning"  I had no plan or even a purpose for this path, I just knew and know I'm on it.  So being the mathematician I am, I started trying to analyze this clear indication that my feelings and emotions had delivered to my brain.  Searching the recent events in my life, I tried to pinpoint if this feeling was a result of the beginning of my new semester, another successful training trip, my hair getting done, the start of my birthday month, the new outfit I found on clearance or even the friend that told me in our last conversation to have a nice life and that it was in deed our last conversation. Though all these things seemed like they could be the culprit, none of them had occurred within the couple days of my sweeping the kitchen floor. So that's when the revelation hit me that all new beginnings aren't necessarily attributed to some on-purpose-decision to start a new or even an unexpected life in event.  But in fact that, the overwhelming feeling I got was because I had embarked on a New Beginning that chose me verses me choosing it.  Where the path leads and how it relates to my personal and professional goals I have no idea but am excited to make those connections as they unfold.

Moving forward in anticipation,
Lynnell

“Although no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.” 
― Carl Bard

“[T]hat old September feeling, left over from school days, of summer passing, vacation nearly done, obligations gathering, books and football in the air ... Another fall, another turned page: there was something of jubilee in that annual autumnal beginning, as if last year's mistakes had been wiped clean by summer.” 
― Wallace StegnerAngle of Repose

“Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.” 
― L. Frank Baum

No comments:

Post a Comment