Thursday, February 14, 2013

Ash Wednesday = Lenten Promise

For as long as I can remember I've been giving up some type of food for my Lenten sacrifice.  I was raised Catholic so I always gave up a favorite food.  This season I am giving up coffee and adding something. Funny thing is I can't decide what to add and here it is now the day after Ash Wednesday.  I am giving myself until Friday since I fell asleep yesterday without committing to a new good habit.  The two I'm considering are adding 1) those morning push ups and sit ups I've been planning to add to my exercise routine for months now or 2) random acts of kindness from treating a stranger when in line to surprising my kids with something new.  Of course I could do both so in 24 hours I will decide and go for it. Easter is March 31st.  The contest at the gym ends April 6th, yes I entered another 2-Month challenge.

It's mid-February and time is moving with or without me.  I also don't want April 15th to get here and I'm looking back regretfully for not making the most of each day.  Set backs, hiccups, mistakes, stumbling blocks don't take days off, so why should I?

Just decided I will do BOTH!
Lynnell

“Who are you to judge the life I live?
I know I'm not perfect
-and I don't live to be-
but before you start pointing fingers...
make sure you hands are clean!” 
― Bob Marley

No comments:

Post a Comment