Friday, February 1, 2013

Beginning of the month

It's the first, February 1st in particular (Happy Birthday to my sister Bernita).  A lot of things transpire at the first of the month.  You may think of mortgage/rent payments like I do or some other monthly obligation that is expected to be removed from your bank account. But let's consider for a moment, that the first of each month is a new beginning, a new opportunity to get it done what you didn't last month.  Or a perfect time to start a new hobby, new career, new relationship OR in my case a new workout regimen.  How about try a new food (vegetable, maybe Okra), try a new lipstick color, try a new cologne fragrance, try a new hair cut.  What about purging things that you haven't touched in over a month, let alone the things you haven't for over a year or even the last ten years.  First of the month, spend a moment to reflect, ponder then plan your attack!

Yes it's the first of the month and my plan for February is to live it on purpose, I've pulled out my calendar written my workout goals and my eating plan first before the work deadlines, kids activities, birthdays or social plans.

I have started my countdown to April 15th! Yes we all know what's due on April 15th, but this April 15th 2013 is the date my best friend and I set last year to reach our fitness goals.  This year we both turn 45 or as we call it Forty Fine, she already has and I'm headed there so April 15th is the date that's in the middle of our 45th birthdays this year.

No more excuses, it's the first of the month, no better time to take things up a notch than NOW,
Lynnell

"What a caterpillar calls the end the rest of the world calls a butterfly." - Lao Tzu

"Whatever you do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius and power and magic in it." - Goethe

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending." 
- Maria Robinson

1 comment: