Sunday, January 27, 2013

Rest, if you must, but don't you quit!


Thankfully, I have plenty of people that check on my progress not just virtually but in real time from conversations to text messages.  So this weekend, a good friend asked me what was up with the gym and how it was coming along.  Well I admitted that I'd only been there three times the past week and had also dropped my guard down with my eating habits.  Then their response was "..don't make me think you're a quitter."  That comment made my heart sink and cut like a knife.  Pointing out the obvious, helped me realize that while I was thinking I was having a small set back, the reality is that I had stepped away from my goals almost as if I was turning my back on them.  I could "explain" i.e. give excuses for why by sharing my recent stress but that matters not.  I started this journey to loose 100 pounds to finish it, not to quit.  
So interestingly, I had planned to blog about not quitting and sharing one of my favorite poems, "The Don't Quit Poem" the day before this exchange.  "When the road you're trudging seems all uphill...Rest, if you must, but DON'T YOU QUIT" resonates with me.  Then the line "When he might have won had he stuck it out" is indicative of my other quest that I gave up and ended back where I started.  Then brining it home and close to heart, "So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit - It's when things seem worst that YOU MUST NOT QUIT."

I Will NOT Quit,
Lynnell

"It's never to late to become the person you might have been." - George Elliot

No comments:

Post a Comment