Sunday, January 13, 2013

Happy...

On the first I said Happy New Year to family, friends and strangers, on the 7th and 11th I said Happy Birthday to friends and on today the 13th I will say Happy Founder's Day to my sorors of Delta Sigma That Sorority, Inc. on the 100th Anniversary of the founding of our illustrious sisterhood. As the days go on and 2013 roars in like a lion, I imagine I will continue to wish other happy salutations to others as the months roll on. So what better way to start my first post of 2013 than "Happy..." I had thought about writing a reflection on 2012 when the new year started, maybe write down my top 12 accomplishments for the year or perhaps start my first post of 2013 with my top 13 goals for the year but instead I did neither. I started this blog to note my journey to getting off 100 pounds. I've posted about progress and been honest about the struggle and though 2012 brought me half way there, I'm still plugging away at it to get the other half done in 2013. I've learned a lot and as a life long learner, I'm proud of what I've learned as much as I am proud of what I have accomplished. As the New Year arrived so did more fitness gear at local stores, new classes started at the gym, and new "diet" books were released in time for the traditional New Years Resolution to get fit. People Magazine published their issue about people that lost half their size, I quickly snatched a copy and read all the bios. I paid particular attention to not just the weight lost but the weight loss method and the persons age and height, looking for a woman 5'2" in her forties that lost more than 100 pounds. After hearing more and more about Dr. Ian Smith's new book with the eating plan called Shred, I decided to join the Shredder Nation this coming week. It's a plan that is flexible enough that I can continue eating vegan while doing it but admittedly am considering adding fish to my food options.

Armed with a new eating plan, new class at the gym and a new post on my blog, let the countdown to drop 50 more pounds begin, Lynnell

“Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”  ― Bernard M. Baruch

“Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself.” ― Harvey Fierstein

“Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got.” ― Janis Joplin

No comments:

Post a Comment