Thursday, April 11, 2013

Day 11 of 21 - My 21 Day Journey Revealed

Today is the midway point or maybe I could even call it the tipping point of my 21 Day Journey.  I decided today to reveal the specifics of my 21 Day Journey now that I've completed half of it and have half to go.

My 21 Day Journey has three major parts:

  1. 21 Day Journey Back to Vegan - I had originally planned to do the Daniel Fast and started with the basic food rules but after reading the starter kit after a week into it, I realized I wasn't focussing on the overall purpose of the Daniel fast but only the food rules.  So though I am maintaining most of the eating principles, which is a vegan diet with some additional restrictions, I decided to read more about the Daniel Fast and start it another time on the right foot verses how I had begun.
  2. 21 Day Financial Fast - Based upon Michelle Singletary's book, The Power to Prosper, that I just happened to start reading (listening to via audio book) just a few days before April 1.  I knew I needed to add this component to my journey after the first chapter.  I have been needing to put my foot down and make changes to get my financial well being in better order.  During the fast I focus on spending only on things I need.  It's been a blessing since this month I've been struggling to make ends meet and it's not even the middle of the month yet.  
  3. 21 Days of Fitness (except Sundays unless I swap it out for another day of the week of course) - The last few months I've missed more days away from the gym than in the gym.  So I recommitted to working out at the gym 6 days a week for the next 21 days.  I miss the workouts and the people.  Improving my health both physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually are a priority for me and being away from the gym was weakening me on several levels.  So no journey of mine would be complete without including my re-emergence on the fitness scene.  I've already picked out a 5k race I will run in May and have my eye on others as the year progresses.  Running a marathon and completing a triathlon are on my bucket list, no time like the present to start planning and training for it.  2013 is still young and so am I!
So there you have it, what I've been up to the last 11 days and on into the next 10.  

Ten days to go and so much more ahead that I can hardly wait,
- Lynnell

"Success is a journey, not a destination.  The doing is often more important than the outcome."
- Arthur Ashe

"Friends are as companions on a journey, who ought to aid each other to persevere in the road to a happier life."
-Pythagoras

No comments:

Post a Comment