Tuesday, November 20, 2012

30 Days To Go...Second Time Around

No this isn't a Countdown to Christmas, though Thanksgiving and Black Friday are just days away. I'm at it again, going for a repeat title having entered the next 2-Month Challenge at Waldorf Fitness.  The weigh in date is December 20th, just a month away from today.  So where am I in the pack, I have no idea.  All I know is my health issue at the end of the last contest hindered me from starting this one with everyone else.  So I'm basically starting this one behind the pack but hoping to make up some ground with increased intensity in the gym.  My goal for this contest is to be under 200 pounds on all scales including the one in my bathroom, the one at the gym, the one in the doctors office, the one in your bathroom, lol.  Simply put, no matter what time of day I step on any scale shoes on or not the number begins with a "1".  Let's do this, time to get the weight off one last and final time and keep it off.

I was recently asked by a friend who was congratulating me on my weight loss, "Any words of wisdom of how to find my will power? What was the "it" moment for you?"  I answered with,
"I finally got sick and tired of being sick and tired. Stress was always my food trigger, well stress seems to have made me a constant target so I finally decided I was sick and tired and that of all the things going on around me, I was going to control what I can control.  One thing for sure, I can control what I eat! So I started with that and then in August joined the gym to tone what I had lost and well, here I am still battling.  Being in the contest at the gym was a great motivating factor for me.  I've always wanted to be the person in the before and after pictures.  Stress hasn't lessened but I still control what I eat.  Hope that helps. BTW all my family and anyone I tell what I'm doing say I have great will power."
Have a great Thanksgiving!  This is Lynnell and I'm headed under 200lbs. before 2013 then on to the next benchmark on the path to Forty-Fine with a Deadline of September 19, 2013, my 45th birthday! Who's planning to party with me?

Thanks for reading my words, they are more than just a string of letters on a page, they come from the heart and I'm glad to share the authentic me on this journey.

30 days left and the second time around is harder but the victory will be sweeter.  See you at the finish line, whether it's to accept the prize or congratulate the winner.

It's not over until the fat lady is no more, she's just a lady,

Lynnell

"Don't live down to expectations. Go out there and do something remarkable." -Wendy Wasserstein

"Motivation will almost always beat mere talent." -Norman R. Augustine

No comments:

Post a Comment