Thursday, November 8, 2012

Breathe!

When you make a public declaration that you will do something, it's both a blessing and a curse.  A blessing because all your supporters show you love and give you encouragement.  A curse because for me, I will put more pressure on myself to succeed.

I have personal goals I've never shared publicly and some to no one at all.  I know you can keep a secret so I will share one with you. (Shhhh, between you and me of course)  I secretly want to audition for a stage play, get the part and have it make it to Broadway, then tell all my family and friends about it.  See by not letting the cat of the bag, so to speak, if I never accomplish that no one would ever know I didn't achieve it.

While on the other hand, now that I've made my Fitness goals public and continue to reveal them to more and more people, I'm reminding myself to breathe. Even when I started my blog in my very first post titled This is Lynnell, I didn't even identify that I was starting this blog with the purpose of journalling my Fitness goal.  My goal was simple, "In 2012 I would begin my journey to loose 100 pounds for the last time," which isn't stated in there anywhere.  It wasn't until almost ten months later that I openly talked about one of my fitness goals in the post title Let the Countdown Begin... which at the end I quoted myself writing:

"I have lost one pound 100 times, this time I will loose 100 pounds for the last time!" - Lynnell

In that post, I revealed my goal was to win the 2 month challenge at the gym. Now that I have accomplished that goal, I've shared my victory with a lot more people after I had accomplished it.  So now I'm in the front of the new goal, which is to win the next 2 month challenge at the gym.  Being able to show even more drastic results to bring home the title again is pressure enough.  Now I've told almost everyone I know from my current students, to several coworkers and numerous friends.  You would think I'm trying to go viral, believe me I am not.  Making it to Broadway I'd be all for but going viral with my fitness goal, I'm not interested.  I'm putting enough pressure on myself as it is.  I'm thankful for the encouragement, it cancels out the pressure.  

Taking deep breaths and moving forward,

Lynnell

"Breath. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one  you know you have for sure." - Oprah Winfrey

"Cherish your visions and your dreams, as they are the children of your soul, the blueprints of your ultimate achievements." - Napoleon Hill


No comments:

Post a Comment