Friday, November 30, 2012

Sometimes you have to Encourage Yourself

Summer of 1997
Believe it's my largest size
other than pregnancies
A few years back I sang Donald Lawrence's "Encourage Yourself" at church.  I woke up this morning needing to do just that.  Before I left for the gym, I dug up an old photograph that reminded me of just how far I've come.  Yes that's me over there on the left.

You may wonder why I was discouraged in the first place, well I've hit a plateau,  remaining at the same weight for nearly four weeks.  With just four weeks left in the contest at the gym and feeling like the prize is slipping through my finger tips, I had to refocus my attention, look at the bigger picture, encourage myself.  All day I felt cravings attack from McD fish fillet to Chick-Fil-A Waffle Fries with Polynesian sauce.  I'm proud to say I made it through the day without sabotaging or derailing my progress.  No McD, no waffle fries and to my surprise at the end of the day my friend, Sharron, came by to surprise me with a treat, a Vegan Gluten free gourmet cupcake.  The thought that she while enjoying a full of sugar and flavor gourmet cupcake herself, thought of me was the icing on the cake or cupcake in this case.  I felt loved and encouraged and knew my struggle today wasn't in vain.  I enjoyed 1/4 of it and shared the rest with my kids.
Vegan Cupcake
From Red Velvet Cupcakery



Fighting to the finish,

Lynnell

"The most effective way to do it, is to do it." - Amelia Earhart.

"Our deepest wishes are whispers of our authentic selves. We must learn to respect them. We must learn to listen". - Sarah Ban Breathnach.

1 comment: