Saturday, December 1, 2012

If I inspire you, know that I need you as much as you need me!

I have had an overwhelming response from people who have expressed to me that I inspire them.  Frankly, I need each of them as much as they need me.  It's a love exchange, it keeps me motivated and lovingly accountable.  The more I share, the more love I receive and the more I am able to keep moving forward.  The support of the ones who call me an inspiration is in fact critical to my success.  I mentioned yesterday how my plateau was messing with my psyche and though today was a better day than yesterday an iHop craving made it's way into my head (no I didn't go to iHop)

I'm NO superwoman, I want to share what I do to get past cravings hoping to encourage those who have given me the honor of saying I inspire them.  So to conquer the cravings monster, I do one to all of the following:

  1. I send a text such as "I want a Quarter Pounder" to someone like my sister or my best friend and their response always strengthens me.
  2. I find a vegan alternative, like for dinner to tonight I had a Dairy Free frozen lasagna meal by Amy's Kitchen.  So during my next Mom's Organic Market trip I will look for a pancake alternative to put my iHop craving from today to rest.
  3. I allow myself a little latitude on food choices.  I have tried to stay away from potatoes especially potato chips because I can't eat just one but I've eaten a small bag of Baked Lay's when that salt craving won't be satisfied with Bean Chips. 
  4. I think it is not worth undoing the hard work from the gym. 
  5. I say to myself, "it's been so long since I ate that it will probably make me sick."  This belief keeps me away from fast food burgers, friend chicken and even my favorite, BACON!  
  6. I remind myself of the emotional defeat I have felt in the past when I've binged on comfort foods that then led to more allowances until my progress was digress.
  7. (most importantly) I pray for strength!
Pressing forward with you as my spring board and I can't thank you enough,

Lynnell

"Whenever you are to do a thing, though it can never be known but to yourself, ask yourself how you would act were all the world looking at you, and act accordingly."  - Thomas Jefferson

"The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention."  - Oscar Wilde

"Something that has always puzzled me all my life is why, when I am in special need of help, the good deed is usually done by somebody on whom I have no claim."  - William Feather