Monday, December 17, 2012

Thousand Words or More Than Meets The Eye?

Some may say, "Pictures say a thousand words," while others may say, "There is more than meets the eye."  So in this post I'm sharing a picture collage and my thoughts and you decide what the answer to the question asked in the title of this post.

December 15, 2012
I've not put updated pictures of myself on my blog because I've not reached my goal or won any contest lately, but this weekend I did wear my favorite kind of dress, a RED one, as you can see.  What I see in these pictures is a person that is pleased with her progress BUT (yes I am saying but) I've not lost a pound in six weeks and that frustrates me beyond words. I will admit I was remeasured by my trainer and inches are still melting but I feel stuck with the scale not moving.  Now before you send me advice about getting off the plateau, I've gotten plenty so far and I'm doing all the heeded advice but the scale seems to be as stubborn about not moving as I am about it moving.  So this past week, I continued to work out but I had a moment, I will admit, I threw my hands up and enjoyed potato chips, french fries and a few sugary treats.  Now of course the scale laughed at me but thankfully I stopped the "why can't I eat what I want?" train at the weigh-in station by Friday, then Saturday it was time to find something to wear.  As I cursed the two rubber maid bins full of size 14 clothes I can't wear yet, I still found other clothes that don't fit because they are too big hanging in my closet.  So here I am in limbo between hand me downs I can't fit yet and clothes that are becoming loser each week.  But then enters the red dress, when I wore it a couple years ago I barely got in it, it was $10 bucks on clearance and I wore a girdle to get it zipped.  But this time the fit was comfortable and no girdle or spanks needed. It was a reminder that I'm still moving and to leave the junk food pity train behind and the next time I go to put that red dress on it will be too big and find it's fate in the give away bag.

All aboard the I can't stay this weight forever train, next stop is continued healthy weight loss,

Lynnell

"If it doesn't challenge you. It doesn't change you" - Fred Devito

No comments:

Post a Comment