Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Wondering if the inches will be enough...



I'm three days away from my weigh in for my second 2-Month Challenge I entered in at the gym.  If you've read any of my last few post you know I've hit a plateau and not just any plateau because the last I checked I weighed the exact same as I did the day I weighed in to win the last 2-Month Challenge.  So though I could easily throw in the towel and assume I've lost this round, I choose not!  See I have still lost inches so I'm still hopefully that inches will be enough.  Now I know they do the contest by the numbers but one thing the numbers don't show is that I can now do 20 real pushups in a row.  That's right NOT on my knees, I did that today for the first time. The inner satisfaction I felt with that accomplishment, I guess I already feel like a winner.  I'm in this battle for the long haul and the saying above reminds me of just that.  As long as I have air in my lungs and life in my body, I have another day to fight to get closer and closer to attaining and remaining at the goal.

I'm looking beyond Saturday's weigh-in and the announced results.  My trainer, CJ and I have already discussed plans for what's next.  He is going to give me weekly challenges to do also to get me off this island called Plateau.  Per his advice I've switched machines for cardio and I've already started doing the stairmaster (please note I detest that machine) for up to 40 minutes at a time working my way to 60. We talked about working out at the pool and taking a running class too.

I'm not meant to be 200+ pounds. So somebody please send a memo to my body because it's not listening to me!

Lynnell


No comments:

Post a Comment