Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Sometimes you gotta blow that S*** out...

I love Jamie Foxx and I remember seeing his stand up DVD a long time ago and he would say this line, "Sometimes you gotta blow that s**** out!"  I often repeat that phrase in my head when I can tell I'm on the edge.  You know that edge that stress pushes you to and you find yourself fighting for balance so you can push back.  It makes me tense and uptight so I need to remind myself that "Sometimes you have gotta blow that s*** out!"

See this weight plateau has me stressing, I'm working out like crazy and only to find the scale isn't moving.  I'm walking away from holiday treats left and right only to find the scale isn't moving. My trainer weighed me last week and took measurements and though the measurements are still going down that scale not moving is blowing my mood and now my weight loss journey is becoming more mental than physical. My trainer, CJ, told me I was too hard on myself, I agreed and then responded, "there is nothing you can say to convince me I'm supposed to weigh 208lbs for six weeks straight" and he admittedly agreed and then we talked about things to do to get off the plateau.  I'm still hard on myself, that's what works for me. I'm pushing me to get to where I need to go, then I will coast and enjoy the mountain top and curse all the pitfalls and slippery slopes that tried to derail me.

I know the scale will eventually move or I will be the smallest 208 pound person you've ever seen (then maybe I can apply to the Genius Book of World Records, lol). Thank God for Jamie Foxx because today his voice creeped into my thoughts and I was reminded of my favorite line, "Sometimes you gotta blow that s*** out" so I'm going to do my best to relax, keep working and wait for the results to show up on the scale again.

Blowing that s*** out,

Lynnell

"If a man insisted always on being serious, and never allowed himself a bit of fun and relaxation, he would go mad or become unstable without knowing it."
- Herodotus (484 BC - 430 BC)

No comments:

Post a Comment