Tuesday, October 16, 2012

209 just won't due!

I sent a text that said, "The scale says I weigh 209. I'm scared to get back on it  in case it's wrong, lol". Now I've been told on more than one occasion to ignore the scale or to not weigh myself everyday or even to throw my scale away altogether. This weekend when I was talking with one of my girlfriends about what I was eating and how much I was exercising, I admitted I weigh myself nearly everyday. I treat my scale as an accountability measure and not only as a progress meter. In the same conversation I told her I wouldn't break this habit because no one can convince me I'm supposed to weigh over 200 pounds. So while I weigh over 200 pounds, I'm going to continue to use my scale as one of my meter sticks for my progress. Yes I've lost a few sizes, yes I have clothes that are now too big and yes I'm getting into clothes that were to small for me before but until I see less pockets of fat on my body, I will keep the scale as my meter stick of progress.

14 days to go and the scale says 209!
Lynnell

" Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going." -Jim Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment