Friday, October 19, 2012

Hamstring, Hamstring, Please don't fail me now Hamstring!

A few weeks ago I was in Cardio Karate class and my right hamstring tightened up on me causing me to stop.  After the instructor helped me by stretching and massaging it, I was able to walk on it gingerly.  I  tried to take it easy a few days by lightening up my workout and taking the advice of my trainer, CJ, who had on a couple of occasions had to help me massage it out during our sessions.  Finally after more than a few days I was able to return full force to me routine because remember I'm trying to win a contest.  So last night I started to feel a tinge in that same hamstring, I chose to forego the second workout I had planned for the day and used "The Stick" to roll it out.  This morning when I did Cardio Karate, I could tell my hamstring was ready to let me know who is boss so I tried to listen and obey and was successful at getting a good workout without pissing my hammie off.  So now I feel like I need to do a Hammie Dance like Native Americans used to do a rain dance to end a drought.  Finish strong is advice I've gotten from family and friends so I hope my Hamstring is listening as well.

11 Days to Go Hamstring so let's do this,
Lynnell

"I would rather be covered in SWEAT at the gym than covered with CLOTHES at the beach." - Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment