Monday, October 29, 2012

Tracking Hurricane Sandy

This is Lynnell and from my bed, I'm tracking...

I'm watching the trees sway as if they were dancing, 
I'm hearing the wind blow a new tune I don't know,
And the rain pounding out a beat to accompany it.  
The TV is on, I'm half listening to the news that is tracking Hurricane Sandy, 
Seeing local closings not just for today but also for tomorrow.  
This blog was created to track my progress, track my weight loss goals.  
Seems insignificant as evacuations, emergency personnel and relief efforts are mobilized
To deal with the havoc anticipated by Hurricane Sandy.  
I quietly pray for everyone's safety, trusting and believing.  
But beyond the hours leading up to the brunt of the storm, 
Beyond the clean up and recovery in the days to come, 
I pray for those that have been dealing with their own personal hurricanes, 
Not tracked on TV, not known to others.  
Weather storms come and go, but not all personal hurricanes move out as quickly as they move in.
Life is a wonderful gift that has its highs and its lows.
If you find yourself as you read this in your own personal hurricane know that you are loved.
Loved by me, I need not know what you're going through to love you.
Love is a gift given to me and I am glad to give it to you.
So as the storm winds blow, listen to the whistle of the wind, the percussion sounds of the rain 
And as the trees dance and sway, may your heart do the same.

The storm may interrupt schedules and disrupt plans but it can't stop love for love is hurricane proof,
Lynnell

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." - 1 Corinthians 13 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment