Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sometimes you have to use tape...

A couple days after my last post, I went on a field trip with my daughter's 5th grade class to Nanjemoy Creek Environmental Educational Center.  It was a rainy Tuesday and the weather forecast was on and off showers throughout the day.  My daughter wore a pair of Timberland boots she received as a hand me down from her cousin.  We got off the bus when we arrived only to discover that the soles had started to disintegrate.  Well long eventful story cut short...I used tape (packing tape) to aid the situation.  Throughout the day I taped and re-taped her boots.  By lunch time both boots had started to reveal her toes and at that point I used a rubber glove on each to stabilize the damage and then applied layers of tape and continued my regimen of taping up the shoes until we returned home that evening.  Thus this story is not only the inspiration of the title but ending up becoming my theme in dealing with interruptions in my workout routine that threatened to derail my progress since that day.  Finding my schedule fluctuating and my "normal" routine of working out in the morning hijacked by work picking up, I adjusted with the help of my trainer, CJ,  being flexible daily at the drop of a hat.  So even on long dog tired days, I made it into the gym because sometimes you have to use tape to keep things together!

16 Days To Go,

Lynnell

"Wanting something is not enough. You must hunger for it.  Your motivation must be absolutely compelling in order to overcome the obstacles that will invariably come your way." - Les Brown  

No comments:

Post a Comment